Group tour enquiries
Tour prices 2022–23
- 30 minute tour: £100 per tour
- 60 minute tour: £150 per tour
- 90 minute tour: £228 per tour
Tours are restricted to 13 people. Groups larger than this will be divided and charged accordingly.
Souvenir Guidebook, £8 per person
This illustrative guide to the historical buildings of the Bodleian Library not only makes an attractive keepsake but is also packed with architectural details about one of the oldest libraries in Britain.
How to book
To book your guided tour or any of our optional extras, please:
Phone: +44 (0)1865 287400
Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 9am–4pm.
You will need to complete, sign and return a booking form to the Tours team before we can guarantee your booking. We will then send a confirmation email.
Payment will be taken by invoice two weeks in advance of your booking.
- Guided tours are conducted in English.
- All tours include a number of stairs and some walking – we regret that no lift is available.
- Group visits require prior reservation and larger groups normally need to be divided.
- All group bookings must be made a minimum of 14 days in advance.
- Any group leaders must be included in the group numbers.
- Tour routes may change subject to availability.
- Only children over the age of 11 years are permitted on guided tours (children aged 11 to 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult).
- Visitors are asked to leave all bags in secure lockers for the duration of all Bodleian Library tours.
- We reserve the right to cancel any tour at short notice. In case of cancellation any tickets purchased beforehand will be refunded.
- For accessibility information, please visit our accessibility page.
- For more information, contact the Tours team.
* A winter discount will be applied to all group tour bookings from the 1 November – 31 January. To find out more, please contact the Bodleian Tours team
** Group size: Two groups can be run concurrently for the 30 minute and 60 minute tours, between Monday and Saturday.
Two groups can also be run concurrently for the 90 minute tour on Wednesday only.
† Please check our opening hours for information on room closures.